Monday, November 2, 2009

River Flow


(I wrote this poem while overlooking the Columbia River in the Columbia River Gorge outside of Portland)

The sound of the river in my ear
Takes away my breath, the bad, and the fear
The flowers surround it
Surround me and the view
To know that it's safe
Calming and true
The sun shines around me
As all the trees sway
In the breeze of the river
We see here today
The day is here
But stopped in the mind
As the river is flowing
Front, side, and behind
The boats are floating
And jetting across
You must keep on moving
But you want to pause
In the warmth of the sun
The breeze brings a shiver
But it's calm and quiet
In the flow of the river

14 comments:

John said...

I can feel it. I can hear it.

Unknown said...

i'm blown away.
stacy

Terry Younkin said...

Whoa, incredible!

Grandma Judy said...

I always think that the truly talented writers, are able to transport you to the time and place they are writing about, and you do that without a doubt! Keep it up for all of us to enjoy. I love you and all of your poems. Love, Grandma Judy

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kileygirl said...

great job!!! tht waz awesome! write more please! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Kasidy, you are truly an amazing 10-year old. WOW! I must say that I really like the Soda Song but River Flow is awesome.

Keep it up girl! :o)

Anonymous said...

my favorite so far!

2girls2love said...

kasidy,
i LOVE the columbia river ... what a beautiful place to write! and your words are lovely <3

thanks for sharing,
pam hembree
folsom, ca

K.T. said...

Post more! I love reading your poems. When you're rich and famous, can you buy me a mansion? Love, Sissy

Doug Devine said...

Keep up the good work, you have a way with words that draws the reader in. Isn't it about time for another kooking show?

Anonymous said...

I really liked this poem miss Kasidy. I randomly found this poem by randomly typing a name in which turned out was yours

Anonymous said...

Good job Kasidy! and Happy Bday!
I remember when you were 3 and you pretended your name was Sara so you wouldn't get in trouble...lol hope that i am not embarrassing you :-) Have a very special day, you are a very special girl!! Love Andrea and all the Hills!

Random Rangler said...

Great Job Kas!!!!!